THIS WEEK IN TROUTCAVE COMICS
- I launched a Patreon! You can support Troutcave Comics on a monthly basis and pick up some cool rewards in the process, like a behind-the-scenes art blog or comic commissions! Please check it out; this is kind of a big deal.
- The Gospel of Carol #5 launched on Comixology. It’s the fastest turnaround time I’ve ever had on the platform, so I’m pretty happy about it.
- Carol #5 also started to run on the website. The first two pages are up thus far, and more will obviously continue to appear over the next ten weeks.
- Lit Brick made its triumphant return! It’s been far too long since Molly mocked her literature, so enjoy this take on Lysistrata, which began on the website this week. An eBook is forthcoming.
But really, the big takeaway here is that you can support me on Patreon and claim some cool rewards. YAY!
THE TROUTCAVE ROUND-UP FOR THE WEEK OF AUGUST 1
- The Gospel of Carol #5 was released, and you can read the entire issue right now! Check it out for only $2.
- The Gospel of Carol #3 (which I suspect you’ve already read) appeared on Comixology this week! That’s pretty great if you like all of your digital comic books in one place. Carol #4 will be there next week on Wednesday.
- In webcomic news, Carol and Sporkman have continued to update, with the former adventuring through the mountains of the Far East, and the latter destroying what little fabric time had left.
Speaking of webcomics, did you know you could read the Troutcave’s webcomic archive on your iOS devices with Comic Chameleon? Because you can, and it’s pretty cool.
For more Troutcave Comics goodness, visit troutcave.net.
This is the issue where I think the series really comes together, so I hope you enjoy it (assuming you haven’t enjoyed it already at troutcave.net).
Troutcave Yard Sale: 16 Comics for 16 Bucks!
Hi there, friends! I’m clearing out the clutter from my house and have thus launched an internet yard sale! Aside from the stuff I have on eBay, I’ve got another idea I wanna try.
For $16 shipped, I will send you a padded flat rate envelope with 16 completely random comic books inside. I need to empty out three long boxes, and this seems like as good idea as any.
How do you get in on this? Just Paypal $16 to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s pretty easy!
Of course, I can’t guarantee you’ll actually LIKE the comics I send you, but I CAN guarantee that *I* probably liked them at some point in history. They’ll generally hail from the mid-90s to early-00s and probably be somewhat lighthearted in nature. I was never into grimdark comics. That said, I’m not checking these books for value. You might something completely worthless, or something worth a few bucks. It is seriously random. I also can’t vouch for the physical quality of the books, though they all look pretty good right now, and are almost all bagged and boarded.
Oh, and this offer is only available in the United States. That’s just how the flat rate shipping works. Sorry other people!
THE TROUTCAVE COMICS ROUND-UP FOR MOST OF JULY
I forgot to do this weekly, so I’ll catch up you Tumblr / RSS folks now.
WEEK OF JUNE 30th
- Carol held an AMA with the people of India. She subsequently learned that most of the priests there were pretty racist.
- Robyn met herself and got along swimmingly.
WEEK OF JULY 7th
- Carol invented the soapbox derby, then some angry priests beat up her Indian chum.
- Sporkman’s tree ripped apart the fabric of time, then he made a new friend that was apparently an old friend, Millie.
WEEK OF JULY 14th
- Assassins try and kill Carol, which is pretty rude.
- Sporkman is puzzled by the nature of time and winds up stuck in the Eighties forever.
WEEK OF JULY 21st
Sporkman #1 is now available via comixology! Join our hero as he repeatedly breaks the fabric of time, then glues the pieces back wrong.